Software without license fees
A DesktopGIS is a geographical information system (GIS) which can be locally installed on your computer and which enables the user to work with unprocessed geodata. Often information desk workspaces are equipped with a WebGIS whereas administrator workspaces are equipped with a DesktopGIS. A DesktopGIS however can also be specifically enhanced by application modules and extensions.
QGIS – a free DesktopGIS
QGIS is a simple DesktopGIS with a modular design. It convinces through ease of use.
- Stable installation under Linux, Windows, Mac
- Mature menu structures and graphical user interfaces
- Mature editing tools
- Access to numerous data formats especially PostGIS, Shapefiles, GeoDataBases etc.
- It can be integrated into a Spatial Data Infrastructure (SDI) because of the availbable WMS and WFS interfaces
- Comfortable print-composer for the creation of maps and PDF
- There are numerous extensions and an API exists to program ones own extensions
- QGIS server constitutes and easy to configure WMS-server
QGIS is available under a free license which considerably lowers the entry threshold. QGIS can be introduced in parallel to an existing system and can thus replace individual licenses. We advise you on how to introduce QGIS and QGIS-server in your organisation, conduct trainings and conceptualise in conjunction with our partners new QGIS extensions you might require.